Who We Are
Our registered office is at Wessex House, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4AA and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 7771033
Information That We Collect
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory, and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this policy.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Business name (for commercial enquiries)
- Any other information that you provide to us
We collect information in the below ways:
- We will collect information generated by your visit to the website. This may include your IP Address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet); the type of browser, operating system and device used to access the website; the date and time you access our website; the pages you visit; and if you visited our website from another website, the address of that other website. Some of this information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. This information helps the web server track such things as your preferences and any data you submit while browsing our website.
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you. We will combine this information with information you give to us and the other information we collect about you. We will use this combined information for the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive)
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this policy. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services you have requested or enquired about, such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to send relevant advertising to you
- To keep you informed about relevant developments and news.
More specifically we will use your personal information as follows:
- When you read or download information from our website (IP addresses and cookies). We will collect and store information collected from cookies for statistical purposes. We may use this information to provide you with a more personal service and assist in analysing website traffic and usage. This information does not identify you personally unless you register or make an enquiry with us, at which point we will combine it with the other information collected about you and use it for the purposes noted above.
- When you send us an enquiry or email. The personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by us. We will use the information in order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email. Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you might want to send it by postal mail instead.
We may also use your contact information to let you know about our products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which may be of interest to you. Please see the ‘Your Rights’ section below for details about how to unsubscribe from these communications.
- When you register on our website. We will use the information to provide you with information on the properties and/or developments which you are interested in. We may also use your contact information to let you know about our other products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which match your criteria or which may be of interest to you. You can change your contact preferences at any time by logging back into your account.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this policy or where there is a legal requirement.
We also appoint suppliers, sub-contractors or agents to assist us, and we may share your information with them in order to provide you with other services that you request. Examples of such services include following up on enquiries made by you, providing further information on our products and arranging appointments, or in connection with reservation/purchases on our properties and/or developments. Accordingly, we may pass on your personal information to group companies or to any of our approved suppliers, sub-contractors or agents for these purposes.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic and printed communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet.
- Estate agents or surveying companies (i.e. in order to value your current home for a part exchange) (where you have asked us to do so)
- Independent Financial Advisors (for limited pre-reservation purposes)
- National House-Building Council (NHBC), our principal residential warranty and insurance provider
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
Transfers Outside the EU
We utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes:
- Our email marketing tools – Spotler and Mailchimp.com
- Our Customer Relationship Management software – Insightly.com
Therefore, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we have ensured that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by the ICO to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products/legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.